Tuesday, August 5, 2014

continuing silence

8/5/14

  People dislike silence. By attempting to make myself an embodiment of silence, i have made some people dislike me.
  On various occasions i have overheard myself being referred to as weird, cold, unfriendly, crazy, creepy and full of myself. Mostly from people i don't know and have never spoken to. Sometimes by people i do know and used to speak to.
  I'm not arguing the accuracy of these observations by the people who know me. I think it is nearly impossible to see oneself objectively, so there may be some truth to be found in their judgments. I honestly feel people thinking you are "crazy" is more of a liberation than a condemnation, anyway.
  But i do not understand people disfavorably labeling me when they have never spoken to me and have no idea who i am. Perhaps these people are channeling their unhappiness over some condition in their own lives towards me. It would be similar to if they were stumbling through a dark room and tripped over an unseen object. In their bewilderment and anger they would kick the object even though they have no idea what it is and that it certainly didn't deliberately harm them.
   Don't dislike me just because i won't speak. Get to know me and establish a good reason to dislike me.

No comments:

Post a Comment