Saturday, August 9, 2014

continuing silence

8/9/14

  I think i have discovered why people whistle and hum! Or at least one of the reasons (nothing is ever entirely anything).
  I've been observing people who whistle and hum lately, and i think it's a rhythm thing. Like when rowers on old galley ships would row to a beat on the drum. Or field workers would sing together. When you move to a beat or a melody it makes any monotony more easy to bear.
  Beats and rhythms make everything better for many of us. Music is a frosting for absolutely any cake, for a large number of people.
  But not me. Why have i never developed an appreciation for music?   I must have silence, for ever increasing periods of time. I love it. Even soft melodies are the ruin of my quiet addiction.
  It seems whenever i examine things closely, any "problem", is usually my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment