Wednesday, January 15, 2014

a year of silence

1/15/14
  All i want is a little peace and quiet.
  I will be spending one year in silence. I will not speak and i will make every effort to be "quiet" in all aspects of my day to day life.
  This is not an exercise in non-communication, it is an "experiment" with silence. I will be exploring the effects of silence on myself and those i come in contact with. I will still be able to communicate through various electronic means, as long as they are all "silent".
  Everything i write over the coming months is strictly my opinion and through my personal viewpoint. It should not be taken to be an absolute truth of any kind (quite frankly, i don't want that kind of responsibility). I shall be honest and open about my thoughts and experiences to the best of my ability. That is my pledge.

  My decision to be quiet for a year has been met with a rather suspicious enthusiasm by many friends and family.....

No comments:

Post a Comment