Thursday, January 30, 2014

a year of silence

1/30/14

  What people think of me, this piece, or any of my art work, matters very little to me. As i have mentioned earlier, i believe in art more than anything else, and i am very content to devote the rest of my life to it, whatever the cost. I have no qualms over compromising my social life, financial stability, health (and maybe my sanity) for the absolute ecstasy of basking in the light of Art. Whether my own art is of any quality is debatable, but it will always be absolutely honest and sincere.
  That being said, i had to break my silence last night.
  One of the various things i do for income is provide exercise instruction for a married couple i know. I have had them as clients for years. It is safe to say, at this point they are more close friends than clients. As is our custom, some time ago they purchased a package of 10 training sessions. Due to their busy schedule, a surplus of 2 sessions has been lying dormant for  awhile. My suddenly not speaking in the course of redeeming these sessions was not part of our original agreement. Subsequently, i used my voice while instructing them yesterday evening, and will do so again for the final session of the package.
  It is important to note that i am doing this out of my own sense of obligation and under no pressure from them whatsoever. They have kindly supported me for years, and are willing to try and continue our training regiment when i will no longer use my voice.
  Other than that transgression, things will proceed accordingly. I will continue my silence in all other aspects of my life, but will not consider the year officially started until i stop speaking altogether. I do not feel i can continue documenting this piece until that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment